This Award is dedicated in loving memory of the late Agnes Sheehan, a charter member of the Parade Committee, and the first woman to be chosen as the Parade’s Grand Marshal. In keeping with the traditions of Agnes, the Community Service Award This award recognizes an individual who has given of him or herself to help improve the community.
Rosemary Fraser Ford has lived in Worcester for the majority of her life. She comes from a large family of 4 boys and 3 girls. They lived abroad in both Surrey, England and Geneva, Switzerland before returning home to Worcester in 1970. Rosemary attended Doherty High School, Assumption College, and Anna Maria College where she received her Master’s in Education. She worked in the Worcester Public School for 26 years, retiring in 2020. She married her husband of 40 years Paul F. Ford in 1982. He sadly recently passed away last year on November 11, 2022. They had three children: Kristin, Brittany and Zachary. Kristin and Brittany live in Worcester with their beautiful families. Rosemary has five grandchildren Maisie Jane, Owen, Liam, Wesley ,and Brynn. They are her world.
The 365Z Commitment to Kindness Foundation was started in 2013 after the tragic loss of Rosemary and Paul’s son Zachary. Rosemary and Paul, along with other key players from the city, including Ed Gardella (who is presently on the board), Paul LaCava, Eric Waldron and many others had a vision of spreading kindness and goodwill to those in need. We just celebrated our 10-year anniversary. Our accomplishments thus far in Worcester County are as follows:
· 2,400 Holiday Dinners
· 2 AngelEye Cameras for the UMass NICU
· 600 Cheer Boxes Delivered to Our Troops Overseas
· 5,000 Valentine Care Bags Delivered to Shelters and Seniors
· $35,000 Donated to Area Food Pantries
· $100,000 Given Out to Local High School Seniors
· 200 Summer Camp Scholarships
· 350 Pairs of Sneakers Distributed to Students in Need
· 1 NEADS Dog at South High
· 9 Middle/High School Kindness Clubs
· 18 Elementary School Programs and Growing
· 15,000 Students Reached Annually
Rosemary and Paul could not have accomplished so much in our community without the incredible, dedicated, 100% volunteer 365Z Board, and the truly amazing support of our community.